Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Neither food nor event. Please ignore.

I'm rather bored at work today, so I started going through my brain and remembering websites I visited once or twice and then forgot.

www.freeburmarangers.org

The part of me that still cares about humanity wishes someone would put a stop to that murderous dictatorship and let the elected leadership take its rightful place at the head of the Burmese government. There is another part of me, however, that realizes no one really cares about freedom anymore, only profit. And then there's my inner-opportunist, who realizes what a good thing this would be for the U.S. in terms of global image. We would just have to spin it right. Now go back to the kind part, who shakes her head in disgust that the other parts of me could even think such heartless things.

It's times like this I wish I had some power.

No comments: