Friday, December 7, 2007

Pretty Lights, tasty bites

Last night, as I drove home, I took a different way back from the Super Target and ended up lost in a slightly wealthier neighborhood. I'd just like to say that people with a lot of money sure do know how to string Christmas lights. I mean.. do they hire someone to do this or are they just inherently awesome at it? It is a great mystery to me, because I know if *I* suddenly came into a large sum of money, I still wouldn't know the first thing about putting up Christmas lights on my house. Then again, maybe those people just did it as kids. My parents just put out a wreath and some animatronic deer.

That's another thing. When did Christmas become universally tacky? I remember, as a child, looking at all the houses on my street and thinking "These are really pretty decorations, except for the one guy who has orange lights all over his roof in the shape of a longhorn. He is dumb." Now, I will go home to my parents' house and think "If I see one more half-inflated, stereotypical Santa balloon, I'm going to kill someone." It was like this last year. It will be like this forever, until we eliminate the blowup decoration industry. Even my dad, who has never expressed much sentiment about such things, agrees that blowup snowmen and Santas must die.

Oh yeah. this is a blog about doin and eatin stuff, so.....I ordered Chinese food a couple of days ago from Asia Bowl over near the Ridgemar Mall. I've gotta say, I'm glad I got something other than shrimp fried rice, because their shrimp cashew dish is VERY TASTY! It's a chain, but who cares? Tasty food is tasty food, authentic or not.

http://www.asiabowl.com/

No comments: