Wednesday, March 19, 2008

FLAKEbook

Well, last night was supposed to be super cool. My lady friends and gentleman friends were all going to get together at the gingerman for a drink and a sammich. Unfortunately just me and my gentleman friends arrived, so as usual, I was the only girl in a sea of men. One friend was vocally and loudly upset about there being no "tail" present.

Now you might be thinking: Threnodee...why are you so upset to be surrounded by men? The problem is not that there were a lot of guys there, but that all my female friends completely bailed. The ones who said "yes I will be there" did not show up. The one whose Birthday I was trying to celebrate did not show up. I can only assume that unless I text message people MANY DAYS in advance, they will not show up. If I message people on Facebook, they will not show up.

It's just hypocritical. I'm told of a party an hour and a half before it starts and I'm to drop all prior plans and go, but when I try to plan a day in advance, no one can come? I don't think so. Anyway, I just had to rant a little. My throat hurts and I'm feeling like crap.

No comments: