Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving, chili, and fire

Good morning! Happy Holidays! I was going to post around Thanksgiving, but I haven't been motivated as such. You know how reptiles stop being active when it's cold? I begin to wonder if I am not the same. It got down into the 30s last weekend, which is awesome, but I'm stubborn about turning on my heater, so I got to look like a big poofy marshmallow in my blankets and fuzzy things!

Anyway! So we had a Thanksgiving potluck at my parents' house: ham, mashed potatoes, copper carrots, green bean casserole, rolls, and pies--Pumpkin and Pecan! It was quite a delicious spread. The couple of days following Thanksgiving I ate Egg Salad Sandwiches at the Gingerman for dinner. On Sunday, however, I got quite a treat!

Frye and I went over to Brian and Morgan's place (James was being antisocial) and ate some delicious chili made by the master chef and his lovely assistant (Frye). They had a nice warm fire going, which heated their entire apartment. Cute little Cordy was out first, and then once we started playing with the fire, they brought out Bina, the calm doggie. As an aside, dark chocolate makes the best s'mores. I will remember that for next time. Oh yes.

Well, that about wraps up my eclectic post for today. I should really do some work.

No comments: