Sunday, November 18, 2007

Nihonryoori o tabemasen :(

Alas and misfortune!

Mikado Japanese restaurant is no more. An attempted trip to my favorite Japanese place (read: only place with good yakisoba) last night forced me to turn instead to Taverna, which is Italian. I picked at some seafood ricotta with broccoli and sun-dried tomatoes, but the cream sauce just wasn't what I wanted last night. The bread at Taverna was quite tasty, and the waiter was prompt, but aloof. The atmosphere is alright. It's dark, like a romantic dinner should be, but the music was all over the place, with that "when the moon hits your eyes..." song setting my mood to "annoyed" as soon as my drink arrived.

I was disappointed when I arrived, and the food just wasn't worth $19.

Ehhh I have nothing else to say. I am so sad. I might go cry in the corner.

No comments: