Sunday, November 11, 2007

The Spices Must Flow (and be spicy)

This weekend marked the first time since I went to Orlando (before this blog's conception) that I had good Indian food. Saturday afternoon, Morgan, Brian, and I all piled into James' car and journeyed to the faraway land of Plano (I think. It's all fuzzy up there once I get past the Grapevine Mills Mall.) to a place called Sitar. By the time we got there and into the restaurant, my stomach was rumbling, and the smells were driving me crazy! Points already for amazing smells.

The atmosphere is a little on the dark side, but that's alright. The waiter showed us to some seats and took our drink orders, but didn't bring us menus. Oh yes. It's a buffet! My thoughts were skeptical at first, but oh boy was I surprised when I went and actually looked at the buffet. They had SOOO much tasty stuff. They didn't have chicken tikka masala or chicken korma or anything familiar, but sweet JEEBUS was it ever tasty. I actually can't remember the names of the meals, but they did have some very tasty Nan (that's a kind of flatbread, if you are unaware). I managed to shovel away a plate and a half of food before I decided to stop.

As if the absolutely mouthwatering Indian wasn't enough, my friends and I then journeyed to the Cheesecake Factory to partake in some $7 pieces of cheesecake and other assorted things. The strawberry shortcake I had was pretty good, but I've had better. Their cheesecake is still pretty fantastic though. MMMMMMmmmm cheesecake.

In the end, I'm far more impressed with Sitar than with Cheesecake Factory. I don't have any real rating system, but suffice it to say that I'm dating an Indian food restaurant. Yeah.

Map to Sitar Indian Cuisine.

No comments: