Monday, November 5, 2007

They need 'E' on the end of everything.

Good morning, and welcome to another edition of How...inappropriate. Today is this writer's birthday, and I'm feelin fancy in quite a fancy mood!

Yesterday my family and I ventured to the magical land of Stinktown (Dallas, TX...no offense aunt Brandy) to celebrate my birthday! It was planned somewhat last-minute, so I did not get to pick where I ate. Luckily, I have similar restaurant taste with my family, so the Grand Lux Cafe worked nicely.

My parents and I procured a table, and a few moments later the rest of the group arrived. Fiascos ensued as we tried to somehow block the sun from glaring off of things.
We failed, ultimately, but as drinks arrived, we settled down and began to chat.

That, however, is not the point of the story. I want to talk about the Grand Lux. The place is situated in the Galleria mall, which is itself a monstrosity of consumerism and a monument to efficient valet parking, and is decorated with gold columns and fancy things. The kitchen is ENORMOHUGE, as evidenced by the size and variety of the menu. You can get Thai Chicken Pizza (my second choice, which I will get if I ever go there again) and a plain old club sandwich. You can get an omelette, giant chocolate cake, or a Caesar salad. Or you can do what I did and get the amazingly fantastic Short Rib Sloppy Joe. It was big enough for two meals, and that's exactly what ended up happening. I took my first bite of that sweet, tender, delicious short rib sloppy joe, and knew immediately that I had selected the best possible meal on that menu. Just talking about it makes me drool a little. Just a little though...I'm at work!

Anyway, Grand Lux Cafe gets my full approval. Go there to eat if you're ever at the Galleria in Dallas, TX or at any of their other locations.

Their website can be found here!

No comments: