Monday, February 23, 2009

Sunday night at the Oscars

Last night, I went to an Oscar-watching party at the Modern. It was free, and I had my picture taken on the "red carpet." They tried to make it as authentic as possible by asking us where our outfits came from. I think I said "craigslist," but It might actually have been Macy's or somesuch. I honestly don't remember.

They had contests with prizes if you stuck around, but I ended up leaving about 9 pm. A couple of disappointments:
  • Hellboy 2 should have won best makeup. Benjamin Button was almost entirely special effects.
  • I think it is somewhat sad that Tina Fey was the only comedic actress they could get to go along with Steve Martin. Not that I don't love her, but she hasn't done any films recently, only TV, right? Surely there's a comedic actress that's done some popular/good comedy recently?
Anyway, I'm really sleepy today, but in a good mood. Also, EEEEEEEEEEEEE MY KINDLE SHIPPED! EEEEEE!

2 comments:

Mr. Phillips said...

Tina Fey did that movie last year where she wanted a baby but she had to adopt it from that other SNL blonde chick. I don't remember then name. It wasn't good though.

Sal said...

Baby Momma