Friday, November 2, 2007

Thai Food

Last night, I trekked to Bangkok House Thai Food Restaurant. I will start by saying "sweet jeebus, the food is so good."

I entered and was told to sit anywhere by a kindly, older-looking gentleman. I decided to get the weekly special, which happened to be my favorite Thai dish: Peanut curry pork. I enjoyed the quiet time (read: i wasn't at work) and people-watched while I waited. This proved interesting. There were, perhaps, four families in the restaurant: a couple across the room was holding hands and talking quietly. The place wasn't exactly suited for "sweet nothings" but eh...to each his own.

The patrons were not, however, the most interesting part of the evening. No. Far more entertaining were the Tall American Proprietor (TLP), the Fat Thai Cook (FTC), and the Lumbering Mute Waitress (LMW). A trifecta of comedy, if you ask me. TLP liked to talk quite a lot, but awkwardly. "I like Peanut Chicken, but pork is okay, too," said he when I commented on the deliciousness of the food. He then stood for a few minutes before moving on to another table, which also commented on the quality of the meal. FTC came out (waddled out) and took another table's order, then complained jovially (thickly-accented) about how it was "his job" and that he was "lazy." I saw LMW walking around in her chili-pepper apron and cartoon-splattered pajama pants, but did not realize she was mute until late in the meal. Near the end, I looked up and discovered her staring at me. I determined that she wanted the check, which had been dropped off previously by FTC. Her eyes were too close together. I'm sure she's very sweet, but by this point it was apparent that she wasn't all there.

And so, as I often do, I made up some stories in my head about them but, since I'm at work, I'll save those for another post.

Suffice it to say, with the rather creepy ambiance and the delicious food, Bangkok House Thai Restaurant gets my full approval.

Map to restaurant

No comments: