Monday, January 19, 2009

Out with the old...

Perhaps we've jumped the gun just a little, but a couple of my friends and I are moving into an apartment together in June, and wanted to get all that "searching for a place to live" part out of the way early. We started out looking at houses for rent in the area, thinking a yard would be nice for doggies to play in, but popped into an apartment complex that was really cute, and just HAPPENED to be open when the other place we wanted to look was not. We asked the incredibly nice saleslady for floorplans and pricing, and found that what we thought was going to be WAY out of our price range is actually well within it! The complex had a 2-bedroom model open for viewing, so we went and had a look.
It
Is
GORGEOUS.

The living room is huge by comparison to my current abode, with ample room for living and dining spaces to be separate. The kitchen has floors made to look like wood, with dark countertops and black appliances. There's a pantry (YEEEE!) and washer/dryer hookups, too! The bedrooms are large enough for us each to put computer desks/chairs/etc. in, and the closets are ample. The master bedroom is on the opposite side of the apartment from the other two, which would be nice for a hermit like me. Plus, I could keep Maizie in there behind her little grate thing when company came over, and she'd be able to see out without being underfoot! You cannot believe how excited I am. I'd be just a few blocks from work, and might even walk there when the weather is nice, and I'd be in quick driving distance from everything! Buuuut it's 5 months away. I wanna move nooooow! ::whine::

Next step: paper rock scissors tournament to see who gets the biggest bedroom (Oh my god a whole extra square foot! I could put a lamp there!), and who gets to share a bathroom. I'll probably end up with the big room, because of my phat PRS skills. Hoowah. Happy Monday!

P.S. I stole the first picture from Fortworthology.com, which is run by my friend Kevin. The second picture is from the apartment's website.

No comments: